EIA and AA Procedures in Romania:
- On 11 January 2019 the EIA procedure was started by the submission of the Notification for initial assessment stage to the National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA);
- On 26 February 2019 the Initial Assessment Stage Decision no. 59, was issued by NEPA asking to follow the EIA, AA and water bodies impact assessment procedures for the FAST DANUBE project;
- On 25 June 2019 the Technical Memo for obtaining the Screening Stage Decision was issued to the NEPA;
- On 1 July 2019 the Documentation for the issuance of the Water Management Endorsement was issued to National Administration Romanian Waters (NARW);
- NEPA issued on 11 September 2019 the draft version of the Screening Stage Decision and it will be made available to the public;
- On 4 October 2019, the Documentation for obtaining the Natura 2000 site permit has been issued to National Agency for Natural Protected Areas.
- National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA) issued the Screening Stage Decision no. 143 from 8 October 2019.
EIA and AA Procedures in Republic of Bulgaria:
- On 04 April 2019 the EIA procedure was started by the submission of Notification for the initial assessment stage to the Ministry of Environment and Water (MoEW);
- On 24 April 2019 MoEW issued the guidance about the procedure, requesting the preparation of Terms of References (ToR);
- On 01 October 2019 Terms of References for EIA Report was issued to MoEW, Ministry of Health, Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Water, Municipalities, NGOs and stakeholders.